PRIVACY AT O&P
We are very pleased about your interest in our law firm. Since data protection is of great importance to us, our website (ostertag-ip.de) requires an absolute minimum of personal data. In principle, we also refrain from requiring unnecessary data input from you or using data automatically requested by the browser for marketing or retargeting purposes.
In accordance with applicable law, in particular the European Data Protection Basic Regulation (EU-DSGVO) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG), we meet our accountability and transparency requirements. In the following, we inform you about the personal data collected on our website, how we ensure the protection of any data collected, which of these data are used by us and to what extent.
1. RESPONSIBLE PERSON
The person responsible for the processing of data in the sense of Art. 4 No. 7 DSGVO is the law firm Ostertag und Partner Patentanwälte mbB
nachfolgend als „Patentanwälte“,
hereinafter referred to as “patent attorneys”, “we”, “us”. These data protection regulations apply to the use of the website and data processing by the patent attorneys.
2. WHAT ARE "PERSONAL DATA"?
Personal data are all information about personal and factual circumstances of a certain or determinable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, your address and your telephone number or e-mail address. No personal data is any information that does not identify you, for example your age, gender or professional training. In the following, however, only your IP address is relevant with regard to the term “personal” data. We do not collect any other data that could possibly be used to draw conclusions about your person – except in application procedures or direct contact.
3. collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When you call up our website www.ostertag-ip.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called web server log file and can be made available to the host for order data processing (e.g. for creating click statistics within the website, specifically: “how often was post XY clicked on?)
The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automatic deletion, which usually occurs at the end of the session (so-called “session cookies”):
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL)
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
It should be explicitly mentioned that this data does not allow any direct conclusions to be drawn about your person; only in combination with other data not collected by us is it possible to identify you beyond doubt. We process the data mentioned above for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection of the website (e.g. the website cannot be delivered to you without the system-immanent retrieval of the IP address)
- Evaluation of the system security and stability (e.g. the above-mentioned data enables us to trace error messages that were displayed to you during the use of our website and, if necessary, to correct them directly)
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the above listed purposes for data collection, the examples given serve to illustrate the purposes mentioned. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
4. Passing on of Data
Your personal data (see above “session cookies” and IP address) will not be transferred to third parties for any other purposes than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO, whereby by using our website you agree that in particular session cookies may be installed on your computer and the IP address may be transmitted to our hoster (1&1 AG)
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S.1 lit. f DSGVO is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO. By order of the competent authorities, we may in individual cases provide information about this data (e.g. IP address), if this is necessary for the purposes of criminal prosecution, danger prevention, the fulfilment of the legal tasks of the constitution protection authorities or the military counterintelligence service or for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
5. PRIVACY STATEMENT ON COOKIES
Cookies do not cause any damage to your end device, do not contain viruses, trojans or other malware.
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific terminal device used and can be regarded more as a “footprint” than an identification mark. As a result, we do not obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
So-called “session cookies” enable us to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website. After leaving our site, these are automatically deleted from your computer.
In addition, as mentioned above, we use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness and page content. These cookies are stored on your end device for a specific and defined period of time. For this purpose, the use of our website – for our technical means – is statistically recorded in an anonymous form. The evaluation, which mainly consists of “click numbers”, “click times” or similar, provides us with feedback on the extent of use of our website. These temporary cookies enable us to recognize that you have already been on our site (e.g. for the calculation of the number of visitors; for the calculation of this value, the same person who has visited our site two or more times a day is counted as only one visitor). These temporary cookies are automatically deleted from your computer after a previously defined period of time.
The data processed by cookies are required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you will at least not be able to use all the functions of our website, or that you may not be able to connect to our website at all.
6. PRIVACY STATEMENT ON 1&1 WebAnalytics
On the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO, we use a data protection compliant web analysis service from 1&1 Internet AG, 1&1 WebAnalytics, to ensure that our website is designed to meet the needs of our customers and is continuously optimized. On the other hand, we use the tracking measure to evaluate the use of our website statistically and anonymously for our technical means for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned regulation.
As briefly mentioned above, 1&1 WebAnalytics uses temporary cookies which are created on your computer by our website and are automatically deleted after a previously defined period of time. The personal information collected by the cookie relates exclusively to the use of our website. With our technical means, it is not possible for us to draw conclusions about your person from this data. The data in the cookie (including your IP address) is transferred to a server of 1&1 Internet AG located in Germany, stored there and evaluated with statistical analysis tools. In particular, 1&1 Internet AG creates reports on website activity (“click numbers”, “click times”, etc.) and provides other services associated with website use.
The legal reasons for the disclosure of your personal data mentioned under point 4, item 3 also apply accordingly to 1&1 Internet AG. 1&1 is also entitled to pass on your data to third parties if these third parties are commissioned by 1&1 AG to evaluate this data purely for the purpose of our website.
Personal data will be stored exclusively in Germany and in compliance with the Federal Data Protection Act.
You can deactivate the creation of cookies on your computer with the browser settings mentioned in the last paragraph of point 5, should you not wish your personal data to be evaluated either by us or by 1&1 Internet AG.
However, we would like to expressly point out once again that the functionality of our website may be severely limited if cookies are completely deactivated, or that it may not be possible to call up the website.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of personal data about you by 1&1 in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
7. PRIVACY STATEMENT ON Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps to display a map. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. By placing the plugin on our website, Google automatically sets several cookies on your computer, over which we have no influence. By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of the automatically collected data as well as the data entered by you by Google, one of its representatives, or third parties.
9. rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data collected and processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, with 1&1 or Google, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or to our office.
10. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO, you have the right to object, pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specifying a special situation.
It may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration as a result of the further development of our website and offers above or due to changes in legal or official requirements. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at www.ostertag-ip.de.